Battletech: The Frontier Lands :: Forums :: The Frontier Forums :: HUD/MUD Client Discussion

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Thud developement
Moderators: Devlin Stone, Power Shaper, GeeOhDee, Paddock, Captain QB
Author Post
Sadneophyte
Sat Apr 11 2009, 01:25AM
Registered Member #1799
Hi, I spent like 6 hours with java for dummies and started hacking unimplemented features into Thud.

I have never worked with SF, so I am not sure if I can work with parker and the group there,

after I was done raping the thud code - Man you guy did SOME nice work in thud- I added -injected- maybe 500 lines of code.

Features that i successfully implemented are:
- parsing targets from the ANSI input.
- plain text conversion / extraction of ANSI input
- setting of the target variable and thereby red targets on tactical map and contact window
- more correct parsing of hex number from left mouse click
- bearing change to mouse pointer on middle mouse click
- jump to hex on right mouse click
- implementation of the hudASC protocol
- drawing of an enemies name and armor on tactical map.
- 'dumb' coordinate parser which draws radio contacts to the map.
- personalized hardcoded keyboard shortcuts.

and dude! Question for anyone:
- parker implemented a rhino javascript parser (although I do not really know what that is) in the code! how does it work!?!

all of these features are hacked in breaking much encapsulation and most likely totally wrongly... but they work. The changes are also totally inefficient. Warning to the weary... this IS my first java programming EVER! (except a hello world that was in the first chapter of java for dummies- well then I guess you could say eclipse programmed it and I just watched).

I need someone to maybe lookover the code and or integrate it into the trunk. maybe...eventuakky

Things that need to be implemented:
-REAL mouse map interaction like with popups and stuff
-better status bar
-better implementation of HUDASC
-better armorpainter classes.
-widgets in tacmap window.that allow mouse piloting for lazies...
-eventually real graphics like in xpert or megamek
-mech painter function using decals and parsing unitinfo.name info (like make a mad look like a mad, and not a biped) megamek has all the decals one would ever need!
Aleria Everonn
Thu Apr 16 2009, 06:29AM
Registered Member #1489
i will like to test it sad, if you give a dload link.

---------------------
EVA out.
Website
Peter
Wed Apr 29 2009, 03:51PM

Registered Member #3264
I'd love to take a look, also.
Casy Eratl
Wed Jul 22 2009, 02:06PM
Registered Member #1580
[quote]- implementation of the hudASC protocol
[/quote]

What is this? I've never heard of it and Google's only result is this page.

[quote]- parker implemented a rhino javascript parser (although I do not really know what that is) in the code! how does it work!?![/quote]

Tony (Anthony Parker) did not write that, Fiver/CU5 did. Tony's last work on THUD was in 2003 - everything since has been by myself or fiver. You can contact him at -email- for more information.

[quote]I need someone to maybe lookover the code and or integrate it into the trunk. maybe...eventuakky[/quote]

You should contact Tony about becoming a THUD developer, since Fiver and I are no longer working on maintaining it; or, you can start contributing to our new Java client. (see http://frontiermux.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?3366.last)

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF